The new complex came at a price tag of EUR 260m, and will create 1000 new jobs.
The new logistics centre has an area of 50,000m², and will serve production in Poland as well as in the rest of Europe and North America.
The investment was made possible by a lease of 82 hectares by the town of Olsztyn to the company in 2003. In 2005 a contract with the Polish government also led to further tax rebates for the company, as well as a PLN 60m aid package.
The company is also celebrating 40 years of production this year. The site was first used in 1967. Michelin took over the existing plant in 1995.