1) No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
2) Contest is open only to verifiable independent tire dealers (including members of marketing groups, buying groups and franchisees) in the U.S., Canada and Mexico whose primary source of revenue is the sale and service of tires. The contest excludes tire company-owned stores, chain automotive stores, mass merchandiser locations, mail-order or Internet-order businesses or automobile dealer locations.
3) The Tire Review Top Shop Award contest opens Jan. 18, 2023. Contest entries must be received no later than Friday, April 28, 2023. Winner will be determined in June 2023 and recognized at a Top Shop celebration event. The grand prize Winner will be featured in a special Tire Review Top Shop issue, presented by Coats, in 2023.
4) All entries MUST include a completed nomination form with a written or video essay. Each nomination form should showcase the whole dealership, including exterior, interior and bay areas, staff, signage and owners to give the judges a full impression of the business. Providing additional supporting materials, such as videos, audio recordings, marketing materials, copies of customer testimonials or business awards is strongly encouraged. Upon request, tire dealers wishing to provide more information can contact Tire Review Editor Maddie Winer, [email protected], or Associate Editor Christian Hinton, [email protected], for additional digital file storage.
5) There is a limit of one entry per eligible independent tire dealer. Entrants are responsible for ensuring entry is received by Tire Review. All entries become the sole property of Tire Review and Babcox Media Inc. and will not be returned.
6) Entries will only be accepted from the individual owner(s) of an independent tire dealerships (as defined above) or from an individual entering on behalf of an independent tire dealership located in the U.S., Canada or Mexico. Entrants must be legal residents of the U.S., Canada or Mexico and at least 21 years of age. Any company that owns an eligible independent tire dealership must be legally organized under the laws of the U.S., Canada or Mexico.
7) The Top Shop Grand Prize Winner must wait three years since their winning year to enter the contest again. However, past Top Shop Finalists are encouraged to enter.
8) Employees of Babcox Media Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or the employees of any sponsoring company, their affiliates and subsidiaries, affiliated advertising or promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win. This contest is not a game of chance or sweepstakes; contest is void where prohibited by law, and this contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
9) Each entry must be entrant’s own original work, in English, true and verifiable, in keeping with Tire Review’s image and may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Tire Review in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third-party rights. Tire Review reserves the right to void any entry it deems in its sole discretion to be offensive or inappropriate or that is otherwise not in compliance with these official rules.
10) All eligible entries received by Tire Review will be judged by a panel of qualified independent judges equally on the following criteria: originality and creativity, practical business sense, appearance, professionalism and effectiveness. The judges will score the Top 10 entrants on customer service, innovation, marketing/merchandising, appearance, expertise and community service. Tire Review will tally the results and determine three finalists and one winner, based on highest scores. Contest rules are subject to change based on shop participation at the discretion of the Editor.
11) In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaking judge will determine the winner(s) from among such tied entries based on the criteria listed herein. Tire Review reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest.
12) The Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or e-mail by July 2023. The Winner (or, if a company, a representative authorized to act on company’s behalf) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), which must be returned within 10 days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of the notification as undeliverable, failure to execute and return requested documentation within 10 days of the date of issuance, or noncompliance with these official rules by the any finalists will result in disqualification and, at Tire Review‘s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
13) All Grand Prize Winners must agree to submit to an interview and feature story by Tire Review, which will appear in a special Top Shop issue of Tire Review in 2023.
14) All prize details will be at the sole discretion of Tire Review. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Tire Review or any contest sponsor unless otherwise noted. If Tire Review is unable to provide the opportunity for each winner and his/her shop to be featured in an article scheduled to appear in a 2023 issue of Tire Review, no compensation or substitution will be provided; however, the remainder of the prize package will be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by Tire Review and any contest sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes on any prize, as well as any other costs, fees, and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not explicitly stated herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners.