Done Deal: KKR Acquires Alliance Tire Group - Tire Review Magazine

Done Deal: KKR Acquires Alliance Tire Group

After weeks of speculation and rumor, equity firm KKR & Co. L.P. confirmed that it has acquired a controlling share of Alliance Tire Group.

While the KKR news release did not specify the terms, previous reports put the deal at $650 million, including some $125 million in debt that would be assumed.

Yogesh Mahansaria, president and CEO of ATG, will continue to maintain an ownership stake in the company, KKR said. Outside reports put Mahansaria’s share at around 10%.

“ATG is a leader in an attractive industry with strong underlying growth drivers. We are thrilled to be partnered with Yogesh and his management team and look forward to leveraging our global network to support their continued growth,” said Sanjay Nayar, head of KKR India.

Equity firm Warburg Pincus bought an 80% stake in the then-Hadera, Israel-based Alliance Tire Co. in 2007 for some $150 million. Mahansaria, former CEO of Balkrishna Tyres, bought the remaining 20%, and assumed operational management of the company.

Today, ATG’s tires are manufactured at dedicated facilities in Israel and India, with R&D facilities in Israel, India, the U.S. and South Africa. The company sells under the brand names Alliance, Galaxy and Primex, and has a distribution agreement with China tiremaker Aeolus.

“We would be delighted to have KKR as our new incoming partner,” said Mahansaria. “KKR’s investment will enable us to continue to expand into new markets, make strategic acquisitions, and help scale our global presence.”

You May Also Like

Firestone Airide Tennessee Plant Recognized for Safety

This is the facility’s fourth STAR award, reflecting the company’s and
teammates’ commitment to a safe and healthy work environment.

Firestone Airide, a division of Firestone Industrial Products Company, announced that the company’s Dyersburg, Tenn., manufacturing facility has received its fourth Volunteer STAR (Safety Through Accountability and Recognition) award.

The Volunteer STAR award recognizes the best-of-the-best in safety and health programming and performance. Patterned after the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration Voluntary Protection Program, the Volunteer STAR award is the state’s highest honor for workplace safety and health.

Apollo Tyres Opens Digital Innovation Center in India

In partnership with the Telangana Government, Apollo Tyres announced the launch of a digital innovation centre in Hyderabad, India.

MEMA Announces New Structure and Brand

The realignment will allow the association to better serve members and prepare for the future of mobility.

restructure
RNR Tire Express Named to Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 List

The RNR team is celebrating 10-plus years being named to the Franchise 500 list.

‘New Culture,’ Dealer Commitment to Fuel Nexen Tire’s Growth

Hear what Nexen Tire executives have to say about the tire industry, supply chain and what dealers can expect from the company this year.

Nexen-Tire-John-Hagan-exec-VP-Sales

Other Posts

Magna Tyres Brings Latest OTR Tire Range to ConExpo Show

The latest OTR tire products will be displayed on the Magna Tyres stand.

ALI Announces Digital Lifting Points Guide

ALI is offering a digital lifting points guide that covers vehicles from model years 2000 through 2023.

Goodyear and Gatik Demonstrate Goodyear SightLine Technology

Goodyear and Gatik demonstrated, in a proof of concept, intelligent tires powered by Goodyear SightLine technology.

Chapel Hill Tire Gives Back Through 12 Days of Kindness Initiative

Discounts, charity and giving back was how Chapel Hill Tire celebrated the holidays.