If you could pick a late-night television celebrity to work on your car, who would it be.
For most people, there is a good chance his first name would be Jimmy. In a survey of more than 20,000 vehicle owners across the country from the National Car Care Council, results showed that Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon top the list.
“April is National Car Care Month and with trust being a strong determining factor in choosing care maintenance and repair professionals, we thought it would be fun to ask vehicle owners which late-night TV host they would trust most work on their cars,” said Rich White, executive director of the Car Care Council. “As the results poured in, the two Jimmys were polling neck and neck, but in the end, Kimmel edged out Fallon for the ‘most trusted to work on my car’ title.”
The survey, conducted by IMR Inc., an automotive market research company, polled asked vehicle owners to choose which late-night celebrity host they would trust most to work on their car. The final results were as follows:
- Jimmy Kimmel, 27.6%
- Jimmy Fallon, 27.4%
- Stephen Colbert, 19.6%
- Trevor Noah, 14.3%
- James Corden, 11.2%
Celebrity preferences aside, the Car Care Council recommends asking six simple questions to help identify the right auto repair shop to properly care for one of a customer’s most valuable assets, their car.
- Does the business employ ASE-certified technicians? Credentials and affiliations are indicators of professionalism and the management’s commitment to training and education.
- Is the shop and customer waiting area clean and organized? Cleanliness and organization are signs of a well-run business.
- Are customers greeted and treated in a friendly and respectful manner? Many auto repair businesses excel in the area of customer service and satisfaction. A simple phone call to the shop to inquire about their services can give you a glimpse of how they treat customers.
- Does the business provide a written estimate? The business should complete a written estimate and request your signature prior to starting any repairs on your car.
- Does the business offer a warranty? Most auto repair businesses offer a warranty on parts and labor and the warranty is usually in writing or posted in the waiting area.
- Does the business have a list of satisfied customers or references that it is willing to give you?
Satisfied customers and recommendations from family, friends and neighbors are helpful in finding a good shop, the Car Care Council says. Many auto repair facilities also have company websites that are worth checking out as they often include testimonials and additional information about the business.