TRIB has invited all of its members to join The Tire Industry Association (TIA) at its Federal Lobby Day on Feb. 5 in Washington D.C.
The purpose of the day is to meet and speak directly with members of Congress and committee staff about highway funding and proposals that will impact the U.S. tire industry.
“The more attendees we have, the stronger our message becomes,” said TRIB. “The next transportation bill could include tax provisions that would affect the retread industry adversely for the next decade.”
TRIB noted the following tax provisions have been proposed in the highway funding bill:
• Reinstating the Federal Excise Tax of $.05 – $.15 per pound on tread rubber used in the retread process
• Increasing the Federal Excise Tax on truck tires by 10%
• Increasing the Federal Excise Tax on trucks and truck parts by 10%
• Increasing the motor fuel tax by $.15 – $2.00 per gallon
• Reinstating the Federal Excise Tax on passenger tires
TIA will provide free transportation on Feb. 5 from the Embassy Suites Hotel and TIA’s offices, as well as a free lunch and cocktail reception.
For more information and to register for the event, visit TRIB’s website here.