Triangle Tire USA is showcasing a broad selection of TBR, OTR and consumer tires at its SEMA booth #43177 his week, including five “new generation” passenger and light truck tires the company says it will produce domestically once its North Carolina plant is up and running.
Company officials said the new generation products are great examples of Triangle technology and encouraged distributors and dealers to see first-hand some of the products that will be manufactured at Triangle’s North Carolina plant when it starts producing tires for the U.S. The company is also planning more strategic marketing, which includes looking for future distributor partners in 2019 to help Triangle enter the PCR and LT market.
The new consumer products on display at SEMA are the following:
The Triangle Advantex HP, designed for sedans like the Toyota Camry and BMW 3 GT, features:
- Four deep circumferential grooves, augmented by dense siping, for wet handling and braking.
- Large shoulder blocks shaped to optimize wet and dry cornering.
- Closed grooves strategically placed for a quieter, more comfortable ride.
- High-density polyester matrix structure to resist tire damage.
- High content silica formula that works in combination with white carbon black for wet braking performance and fuel efficiency.
The Triangle SeasonX, for the BMW 3 GT and similar sedans, features:
- Directional “V” grooves to displace water and slush.
- Asymmetric groove design for stability and braking performance.
- Balanced polyester fiber matrix for uniformity and driver comfort in different road conditions.
- New types of polymers and silica-silane materials for excellent performance in all seasons.
The Triangle Advantex SUV, for such vehicles as the BMW X5 and Volkswagen Tiguan, features:
- Five-rib tread design for an optimal balance of wet and dry handling performance.
- Additional shoulder and intermediate rib slots for confident handling in wet, dry and light snow.
- Strategically placed sipes for wear performance and good wet/light snow traction.
- Optimized silicon tread compound for outstanding braking performance and improved fuel economy.
The Triangle Agilex AT, designed for vehicles like the Toyota Prado, features:
- Larger shoulder slot design for outstanding off-road traction.
- Optimized belt angle and width which distributes pressure evenly for outstanding for maneuverability and noise reduction.
- Special shrink resistant polyester matrix structure for sidewall rigidity and impact resistance.
- All-season tread compound for balanced performance on and off the road.
The Triangle Gripx MT, ideal for pickups like the Ford F-150, features:
- Stair step block face design for greater bite in sandy and muddy conditions.
- Optimally placed sipes for enhanced wet and snow traction.
- Reinforced high strength carcass to prevent damage and enhance off-road climbing ability.
- Special tread compound for rugged durability.
Triangle Tire USA is the wholly owned subsidiary of Triangle Tyre Co. Ltd., marketing and selling a complete product portfolio. On the commercial side, the company offers a range of medium radial truck tires to the trucking industry. It also has a full range of off-the-road (OTR) radial and bias products, including giant radials for the construction, mining and aggregates industries. On the consumer side, Triangle Tire USA has a line-up of passenger and light truck tires, including ultra-high performance (UHP), winter and specialty trailer tires.
Triangle Tyre Group established its U.S. headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, located just south of Nashville in Williamson County, in 2016.
In December 2017, the company announced that Edgecombe County in North Carolina will be the location for its first manufacturing facility in the United States. The plant represents an investment of nearly $580 million by the tire company and will eventually employ up to 800 people when fully operational. The company expects to complete both phases of the project by 2021.