After postponing its 100th anniversary festivities in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Tire Industry Association is moving ahead with plans to celebrate its centennial this fall during the 2021 Global Tire Expo (GTE)/SEMA Show Nov. 2-5 in Las Vegas.
TIA has opened registration for the 100th anniversary celebration and other pre-show events and announced its educational lineup for GTE. Registration also has begun for TIA’s host hotel at GTE, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, which will serve as the venue for the Association’s 100th Anniversary Gala Celebration on Nov. 1.
The centennial event will begin with a cocktail reception and hors d’oeuvres, followed by a program recalling the association’s history, speeches by TIA’s leadership, an address by Rocky Bleier, former NFL Super Bowl champion and decorated Vietnam war veteran, sponsored by Goodyear, and entertainment sponsored by Bridgestone Tire Americas Inc.
Other pre-show activities include a TopGolf Challenge TIA Government Affairs Benefit on Sunday, Oct. 31, followed by TIA’s Annual Membership Meeting and Tire Industry Honors Luncheon on Monday, Nov. 1. The back-to-back membership meeting and honors luncheon will feature the installation of the 2021-’22 TIA Board president, Tire Industry Hall of Fame inductions, announcement of the Michelin/TIA scholarship winners, awards presentations by tire industry trade publications and recognition of the state Leadership Achievement Award winner.
TIA’s pre-show event lineup includes:
- Sunday, Oct. 31, TopGolf, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., 4627 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, ticketed event
- Monday, Nov. 1, TIA Annual Membership Meeting, 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m., followed by the Tire Industry Honors Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, complimentary ticketed event
- Monday, Nov. 1, 100th Anniversary Celebration Reception & Program, Reception 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Anniversary Program, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, ticketed event
TIA also will offer additional educational sessions and a press conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center during GTE/SEMA. They include:
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Automotive at 10: Top 10 Tips for Technicians, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Truck Tires at 10: Road Service Safety, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; and Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 3: Automotive at 10: Preventing Ride Complaints, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Truck Tires at 10: Impact Wrench Technology, 10:00 a.m. – 11: a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, TIA Press Conference, 11:10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., TIA Booth No. 40066.