Service Tire Truck Centers is celebrating its 60th anniversary of service.
Over the past sixty years, the family-owned company has grown to more than 40 locations in eight northeastern states and has more than 800 employees.
STTC was originally founded by Walt Dealtrey Sr. in 1955 as the independent Goodyear car tire dealer Bethlehem Tire & Battery. The company expanded into commercial tires in 1967 as Service Tire Truck Centers with the opening of Bandag Retread Franchise, where the company made six tires a day.
In 2006, the company’s three retread franchise were changes to Michelin Retread Technology. According to the company, it currently produces more than 1,200 retreads a day.