The Scrap Tire Research and Education Foundation and the Rubber Manufacturers Association are co-hosting the sixth Scrap to Profit conference in Latham, N.Y. at the Holiday Inn Express from Oct. 28 to 29.
The conference will provide presentations and discussions on developments in scrap tire markets, ground rubber markets and expanding markets, including a special emphasis on rubber modified asphalt, according to the show organizers.
Additionally, the conference will discuss the following topics:
- National focus: Looking at the national market and current challenges;
- Regional focus: Northeast U.S. and New England states;
- Projections of raw materials for the tire industry and impacts on scrap tires;
- How to introduce/sell product in marketplace;
- Compounding with ground rubber to produce new products;
- Innovation and products;
- Preventing and abating illegal dumping;
- Reports on existing and emerging markets;
- Addressing health concerns over material use;
- Rubber modified asphalt.
Prior to the conference, there will be a Scrap Tire Workgroup meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 27. Exhibit space and sponsorships will be available, the conference’s organizers said.