Pirelli Opens New Truck Tire Plant in Brazil - Tire Review Magazine

Pirelli Opens New Truck Tire Plant in Brazil

(Akron/Tire Review) Pirelli SpA’s new $50 million truck tire plant in Gravatai, Brazil, officially opened yesterday.

Located inside the Pirelli’s motorcycle tire development and production facility, the new plant covers 573,000 square meters and will produce some 12,000 tons of tires per year at full capacity.

Some 80% of the new plant’s truck tire production will be for the Brazilian market, and the other 20% will be exported primarily to other Latin America countries, according to Pirelli.

You May Also Like

Why you should recommend a ‘tune-up’ to your customers

Because of automated systems, many people overlook the basic maintenance that’s still required to keep vehicles running smoothly.

Your customers probably rarely ask for a tune-up. What used to be a common request from customers has turned into a relic of a bygone era.

Tasks like adjusting carburetors, fuel systems, and ignition systems are now largely automated by computer systems, and they do a pretty darn good job at it. Because of these automated systems, many people overlook the basic maintenance that’s still required to keep vehicles running smoothly. Maybe tune-ups aren’t dead after all…

How to select compatible TPMS sensors and tools

Programmable sensors are a fantastic option for simplifying TPMS service and programming tools don’t have to be complicated.

Cracking-the-Code-TPMS-Yanick-1400
Hydraulic suspension bushing replacement tips

Hydraulic suspension bushings were developed in response to customer demands for smoother, quieter and better-handling vehicles.

TR-Continental-bushing
TechForce Foundation launches Techs Talk survey

The survey is designed to uncover insights into the perspectives of aspiring technician students and new working technicians.

Stock-technician-training-1400
Hunter Engineering releases new alignment coverage for hundreds of vehicles

The release covers new records as well as updates to existing records, covering OEM changes to existing vehicles.

Hunter-WinAlign

Other Posts

GRI appoints new director of North America

Ydo Doornbos has spent 29 years in the tire industry, and will now lead GRI’s efforts to expand the company in the North American market.

GRI-Ydo-Doornbos
Consumer understanding is key to success in the all-weather tire segment

Tire dealers need to properly understand consumer needs based on driving habits and performance preferences.

Nokian-Tyres-Remedy-WR-G5-tread-1400
Nexen Tire America details its 2024 U.S. motorsports program

Nexen Tire Motorsports drivers competed at the “Streets of Long Beach” Pro Championship event using the company’s N’Fera Sport R tire.

Nexen-Tire-America-2024-motorsports
Chapel Hill Tire opens 12th location in Durham, NC

Chapel Hill Tire said the new Durham location will offer everything from routine maintenance to complex repairs.

Chapel-Hill-new-location