Quality, capacity for innovation, speed and global coverage of supply were the key elements guiding the selection for Pirelli‘s 2019 Supplier Awards, the company says.
Pirelli gives the award to nine of its more than 10,000 suppliers at the global level. The Supplier Awards acknowledge the companies that have distinguished themselves by making Pirelli’s supply chain more sustainable, innovative and qualitatively excellent. This year also included an award for sustainability that Pirelli says is a strategic management model.
The following are the winners of the 2019 Pirelli Supplier Award:
- Hevea-Tec Industria e Comercio Ltda (Brazil) – supplier of natural rubber, awarded in the categories of “Speed” and “Service Level.” The company also won the Sustainability Award for its oversight of social and environmental sustainability along the entire supply chain, through technological innovation and involvement in the field starting for the material’s source.
- Quechen Silicon Chemical (China) – supplier of silica, awarded in the categories “Quality” and “Speed.”
- Kordsa (Turkey) – supplier of textile reinforcements, awarded for “Global Presence” and “Service Level.”
- Nynas AB (Sweden) – supplier of plasticizers oils, awarded in the “Quality” and “Service Level” categories.
- Nuova Ciba S.p.A. (Italy) – supplier of dosing systems, awarded in the categories of “Quality” and “Service Level.”
- Cassioli (Italy) – supplier of handling systems, used in many Pirelli factories with standard and custom systems, awarded for “Global Presence” and “Innovation.”
- Accenture – strategic partner for Pirelli’s digital transformation roadmap, awarded in the categories of “Global Presence” and “Innovation.”
- Artic Falls AB (Sweden) – supplier of proving grounds for the development of winter products, awarded for “Innovation” and “Service Level.”
- Arval Service Lease (France) – international partner for long-term auto rental, awarded in the categories of “Service Level” and “Global Presence.”