Northwood University will honor seven industry leaders and supporters of educational initiatives and learning with the Automotive Aftermarket Management Education Awards.
Recipients will receive their awards on Nov. 3 during AAPEX 2015 in conjunction with the Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP)/Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) graduation luncheon, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
“Recipients of this honor are people of distinction, and the award is recognition of their significant dedication over a number of years to the educational process and the automotive aftermarket field,” said Keith A. Pretty, Northwood University president and CEO. “Our honorees devote considerable time and energy to education, making a worthwhile contribution within their industry and outside of it.”
This year, Northwood University will honor the following winners:
- David B. Coolidge, former CEO of Gearbox Holdings Inc.; former executive vice president-Global Automotive Aftermarket for the Bosch Group
- Matthew J. Forner, director, aftermarket sales, Grote Industries.
- David W. Kimbell, director of marketing, Arnold Motor Supply
- James J. Lucas, director, new product development, Dorman Products
- Wally Marciniak, director of technical services, Brake Parts Inc.
- David L. McCartney, president, CARQUEST North America; senior vice president Area 2, Advance Auto Parts.
- John Minor, president, Midwest Wheel Companies
Northwood University also supports Tire Leadership 21, a two week- educational program for tire dealers, and graduated another class in September.