A number of tire and auto industry events have been postponed due to concerns over the coronavirus as COVID-19 continues to spread.
The following events have either been postponed or canceled:
- The North Carolina Tire Dealers Association (NCTDA) and the North West Tire Dealers Association have postponed their 2020 Trade Shows as concerns over the spread of COVID-19 have escalated. Both Reece Hester, NCTDA executive director, and Dick Nordness, NWTSA executive director, said their respective associations are working to find a new date for their annual events. Hotel rooms reserved under the NCTDA room block will also be canceled, Hester said.
- The New England Tire and Service Association (NETSA) has canceled its 2020 Trade Show with the intention to return in 2021. Tony DeSimone, NETSA executive director, and Rich Tuttle, chair for association’s Trade Show Committee, sent a letter to members Friday about the event’s cancellation. The letter said the NETSA Board of Directors is developing plans to digitize and showcase the new products, informational seminars and speakers’ content into a format that can be viewed online. All reservations at the Mohegan Sun made under the NETSA 20 group code will be canceled, the letter said. All items donated for the event’s auction will be held and auctioned off during the Fall 2020 NETSA Charity Golf Tournament. For those looking to donate any portion of their 2020 NETSA Trade Show investment toward the organization’s Scholarship Program, please notify Tony DeSimone at [email protected].
- The Tire Industry Association’s Federal Lobby Day and Environmental Summit have been postponed.
- The Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo and the Latin Auto Parts Expo is postponed to Nov. 17-20.
- Mitchel 1 has postponed its Shop Management Workshop to fall 2020.
- The Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) Vision Conference will transition to a digital experience to prioritize the health and safety of attendees and speakers, according to AftermarketNews.com.
- The Mid-America Trucking Show, originally scheduled from Mar. 26-28 in Louisville, Kentucky, has been canceled for the year.
- The Automotive Parts Services Group (The Group) has postponed its 2020 national meeting.
- The 2020 Tire Cologne has been postponed to May 2021.
In addition, the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance has transitioned its 2020 Summer Shareholder Meeting for the very first time to an interactive digital format.
Check back for more updates on event cancellations. If your industry event is canceled because of concerns around the spread of the coronavirus, let us know at [email protected].
For more coverage on how COVID-19 is impacting the tire industry, click here, or follow the links below:
- Tire Dealers Increase Precautions in Response to COVID-19
- 5 Ways Tire Dealerships Can Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Tire Industry Association Postpones Lobby Day
- Pirelli Scales Back Production at Italy Plant
- TIA, Auto Associations Request Relief Due to Coronavirus
- Auto Care Association: Auto Repair ‘Essential’ Amid COVID-19 Restrictions
- Auto Suppliers ‘Most Vulnerable’ During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bridgestone to Shut Down NA Manufacturing Due to Coronavirus
- Michelin Continues NA Operations, But Monitoring COVID-19
- General Motors to Suspend Production Due to COVID-19
- Goodyear Suspends Americas Manufacturing Due to Coronavirus