Hercules Tires, a subsidiary of American Tire Distributors (ATD), has expanded its Strong Guard medium-duty truck tire line with its new Strong Guard H-MD and H-MX tires for the mixed-service market. Both tires are built for on and off-road applications, including construction, logging and mining.
The company says the Strong Guard H-MX is built for extreme traction and durability in the most severe service applications. It features a 7% wider tread, 10% wider belt and a cut and chip resistant tread compound designed to specifically withstand rough terrain. The Strong Guard H-MD is available for operators that require versatility and durability on unpaved job sites while providing improved handling and even wear on-road. At the conclusion of the launch period, the two new Strong Guard tires will be available in 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 sizes while the H-MD will offer an additional fitment of 12R22.5.
Backed by Hercules’ “Performance Promise,” the two new tires have an 84-month limited protection policy for workmanship and materials and free replacement on the first 50% of usable tread. Each tire also carries a casing allowance for three retreads.
The H-MD and H-MX are the latest additions to the Strong Guard line, replacing the Hercules H-302 and H-307. Hercules is offering a $150 statement credit for the first eight tires purchased through Oct. 31.
Hercules says the Strong Guard H-MX includes the following features and benefits:
- The proprietary tread design features a lightning center groove for improved heat dissipation, allowing for an enhanced speed rating of “J” 62 miles per hour.
- Trac-Ledges that provide unparalleled traction and mud/debris clean out in extreme off-road conditions.
- Curb protector and stone ejectors that protect sidewall and casing from damage.
- Optimized footprint and wide tread design that extends tread life, improves product performance and increases vehicle stability due to a larger contract patch.
In addition, the company says the Strong Guard H-MD has the following features:
- Deep tread depth.
- Higher load-carrying capacity for heavy loads common to mixed-service applications.
- Staggered five-block design built for traction and handling.