Hercules Tires has launched the newest member of the Avalanche winter tire family, the Avalanche TT.
The new Avalanche TT replaces the Avalanche X-treme LT and is designed specifically for medium- to heavy-duty pickup trucks, larger SUVs and cargo vans. Manufactured in the U.S., the studdable Avalanche TT offers marked improvement in snow and ice traction and a substantially quieter ride than its predecessor, the company says.
Hercules says the Avalanche TT features Snow Grip Technology comprised of proprietary design features that work together to get drivers through winter conditions. The company says features of the tire include:
- Snow Grabber Grooves specifically designed to help trap and hold snow;
- Center rib tie bars that create consistent feedback to the driver for a more stable feel;
- Thin gauge, full-depth siping and greater sipe density create more biting edges to help grab snow and ice;
- Silica tread compound allows better grip on ice while remaining pliable in cold climates;
- Tire profile and void to rubber ratio tuned to make smooth, even contact with the road for a quiet, comfortable ride.
The Avalanche TT offers 23 sizes from 16- to 22-inch and rounds out the Avalanche line also comprised of the Avalanche RT for passenger cars, crossovers and compact SUVs, and the Avalanche XUV geared to CUVs and mid-size SUVs.
When combined, the Avalanche family will offer 81 SKUs all backed by the Hercules Performance Promise Plan that provides drivers peace of mind with Road Hazard Coverage, a 45-day “Trust our Ride” satisfaction trial, and Workmanship and Materials coverage. The tires will be delivered to the market beginning in September.