Fisker Inc.’s has partnered The Hybrid Shop, Inc. (THS) to create a premium service experience for electric vehicle (EV) owners.
“We are very excited to partner with and invest in The Hybrid Shop in efforts to create one of the world’s most seamless service experiences for our vehicle owners,” said Henrik Fisker, chairman and CEO of Fisker. “Through this joint venture, Fisker is leading the way into the future and actively bridging the huge knowledge gap in servicing EVs.”
This integrated telematics and connectivity platform will feature full vehicle system communication with the growing network of THS franchise locations for maintenance and warranty repairs. Electric vehicles will have the ability to:
- Identify available service centers within The Hybrid Shop Network
- Integrate service appointments with the vehicle owner’s calendar and schedule with available service centers
- Report problems directly to cloud servers; servers will then automatically ship needed replacement parts directly to the designated service center
- Automatically message the customer on the vehicle’s progress
- Notify the customer when the work is complete and that their car is on the way
As part of the joint venture, Kukui Corp. will provide THS franchises marketing programs to help attract and retain customers, monitor website traffic and manage online presence.
“Last year, The Hybrid Shops’ network of franchise partners repaired and serviced more than 20,000 hybrid and electric vehicles,” said Martin Kruszelnicki, president & CEO of The Hybrid Shop. “As the electric vehicle market continues to sky-rocket in growth, The Hybrid Shop is ready to meet that demand as we expand our network of service centers, highly trained technicians and efficient websites across the U.S. and the globe to service our customers. Our partnership with Fisker Inc. and our new integrated market platform that Kukui provides is paramount to our success.”
The Hybrid Shop is set to grow to more than 400 service locations by 2019.