During these uncertain economic times, financial planning has become a challenge. Here are a few financial planning suggestions that can simplify your life and add to your peace of mind about financial matters:
• At least once a year, write down your investment goals and what strategy you will use to reach them. This will keep you focused.
• Instead of giving money to many different charities, pick a few that are important to you, and give them a larger amount. This type of directed giving not only makes more sense, but also makes it easier to track your donations at tax time.
• Inventory your household possessions, optimally with a camera or camcorder. Keep the inventory at work or in a safe-deposit box. This inventory will help should you need to submit a homeowner’s insurance claim.
• Use one insurance agent and one financial advisor for your transactions.
• If you have doubts about entering into a transaction, don’t do it. You will probably save yourself money, time, and aggravation.
RichardL. Lipton CPA & Associates LLC, located in Florham Park, N.J.,draws on its founder’s 10 years as a stockholder and manager offamily-owned Sam’s Tire Co. in Paterson, N.J.
RichardL. Lipton CPA & Associates LLC “is structured to personally servelarge and small clients who have a need for business consultingservices as well as accounting and tax services. We have even developeda niche in the area of forensic accounting. Our clients have realizedthat this combination of skills is extremely valuable in providing thehighest quality professional services in today’s and the future’seconomy.” – Richard L. Lipton CPA
Contact Richard L. Lipton CPA & Associates LLC:
E-mail: [email protected]