The Canadian Association of Tire Recycling Agencies (CATRA) has launched a new website about Canada’s tire recycling industry at CATRAonline.ca.
The website will provide up-to-date recycling data and national, provincial and territorial information for CATRA members at a single online location, rather than making Canada’s tire stewardships search multiple jurisdictions.
Other features of CATRAonline.ca include:
- Listings of national and regional data on collected and recycled tires
- Energy recovery and diversion rates
- Access to publications and programs supporting the advancement of rubber recycling research and development
- Links to federal government and industry resources
- A forum for CATRA members to access, share and store best practices that allows them to stay updated on tire recycling trends and issues
“Our goal was to develop a resource to make it easier to find accurate and timely information about the tire recycling industry in Canada – and we’ve succeeded. Our new website provides visitors with a one- stop-shop for useful information about recycling tires in Canada,” said Bob Ferguson, CATRA program manager. “With a national diversion rate of almost 100%, our provincial and territorial tire stewardship programs are highly successful so we wanted to give them a place to share resources, showcase their successes and provide a forum so they can learn from one another.”