Camso has announced five new multi-purpose construction tires (MPT), and two new radial solutions for grading and earth moving applications. Camso revamped their MPT lineup to include more sizes, tread patterns, and technologies to better suit the versatility and the wide variety of applications in which they work.
“MPT refers to a range of compact construction equipment using mostly the same tires but handling a range of different jobs: agriculture, road building, residential and commercial construction, scrapyards, landscaping, snow removal and more,” explains David De Waele, executive director of product management for construction at Camso. “Machines using multi-purpose tires consist of telehandlers, compact wheel loaders and mini-dumpers, although the same sizes may also be fitted on backhoe loaders, concrete truck mixers and rough terrain forklifts.”
The company has added 15 sizes, five different tread patterns, and two new technologies for a total of 48 sizes and 13 tread patterns available in solid, bias and radial. These additions ensure fitment to a maximum number of machines, while offering a unique range of solutions on the market to support the increasing mobility demands and evolving needs of compact equipment being used by contractors.
Five brand-new tires purposely built for MPT machines
- Camso MPT 753: Built with a unique non-directional tread pattern to deliver maximum overall durability and versatility for multi-use applications on mixed and hard surfaces. Benchmarked against former Solideal 4L I3, the MPT 753 shows 29-percent longer tire life, 15-percent better cleanout and forward traction, plus a 15-percent improved sidewall and tread impact resistance.
- Camso MPT 793S: This tire is the first and only flat-free solution purpose-built for multi‑purpose machines to maximize uptime in severe conditions. Its triangular aperture design provides excellent stability and ride quality.
- Camso MPT 553R: Designed for residential construction and paving applications, this radial tire has a non-directional centre-block tread pattern to provide superior road comfort and performance.
- Camso MPT 532R: Built with an R-4 agro-industrial tread pattern and radial construction, the Camso MPT 532R tire is ideal for maximizing soft-surface traction while reducing flats from tread impact.
- Camso MPT 552: Engineered for soft-surface conditions, this tire is the perfect combination of traction and durability. It is designed to deliver the lowest operating cost for general-duty jobs.
Camso also expands its construction product offering with new radial tire sizes that meet customer demand and market needs. The Camso GRD 533R and Camso EMT 553R are designed for motor graders, and for wheel loaders and articulated dump trucks, respectively.
All seven new tires are available through Camso’s distribution network and will be showcased at upcoming INTERMAT in Paris, April 23-25, 2018.